Explore the Shore with us!
Let’s hit the trails and show you just how beautiful the Eastern Shore of Virginia really is! Our gaited Paso Fino horses are known as “the smoothest riding horses in the world” and we swear there is no better way to see ANYWHERE!
Join us on our historic farm, Eyreville Plantation, that lies at the top of Cherrystone Creek. We’re located just 15 miles north of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel and 10 minutes from lovely Cape Charles. We have an abundance of nature and history to share everyone!
Trail Riding on Paso Fino Horses
Our well-trained Paso Fino geldings have a pep in their step that you’ll find refreshing yet reassuring; making them great fun for novice and advanced riders alike. On our trail rides we’ll take you on winding wooded paths, along farm roads, over damns that create our fresh water ponds and best of all, miles of shoreline trails. Often times we see whitetail deer, wild turkeys, bald eagles, and plenty of shorebirds (our favorite being the Blue Heron).
The pace of the ride can vary slightly, dependent upon the skill level of the riders. However, do keep in mind that our purpose is to take-in the scenery, so we’ll maintain a brisk walk for the majority of our ride. When appropriate, we certainly take the opportunity to move it up a notch, to the energetic paso corto (the speed equivalent of a trot that is a very smooth gait, specific to this breed of horse).
* 1.5 hour trail rides are offered daily, at morning and late afternoon times, to avoid the heat of day, with some flexibility, by reservation only.
* If you have the desire to ride with us on more than one occasion or you seek a longer ride, we have plenty of trails to choose from! Prices/times adjusted accordingly.
* Group and Private rides are available.
* We can accommodate up to 10 people.
* Due to the “Spanish stature” of our steeds (they’re a bit smaller than other trail horses you may have ridden), we do have a strict weight limit of 220 pounds.
* Children: Our minimum age limit is 8 years old (with some experience) for the trail ride, as very young and inexperience children are not suited for long rides, and control over their horse is imperative. Small children are not permitted to ride with an adult, as it is dangerous. Safety is our number one concern!
Family Farm Ride
This is a great option for families with young and/or inexperienced children, that are looking to get in the saddle for a short jaunt around the farm. We have a nice trail that winds through the woods, along the water, and through our open pastures. Offered at the conclusion of our morning ride. The length of the ride is approximately 30 minutes. Please call for scheduling.
Since our trail ride is not appropriate for our youngest and least experienced equestrians, we do offer a 15-minute pony ride. Each child is seated on his/her own horse, and taken on a hand-led ride around our water view pasture. Interaction with our horses is encouraged and fun! Pony rides are offered at the conclusion of our morning trail ride. Please call for scheduling.
Contact Elizabeth for more info and opening date: