Explore the Cape with us!
Get off the beaten path and join us on a beach ride or scenic wooded trail ride in the East Sandwich/West Barnstable area.
CLOSED NOW – We’re open seasonally each year from mid May until October 1st.
You can discover the more natural aspects of the Cape on horseback. Our gaited Paso Fino horses are known as “the smoothest riding horses in the world” and are great for novice and experienced riders alike. We will be offering trail rides from the farm off historic 6A in East Sandwich, MA and on neighboring trail systems and beaches that are just a short trailer ride away.
Riding our Paso Fino Horses
The “kids”, as we call them, are all well-behaved gentleman that are suitable for first-timers on up to advanced riders. The pace of the ride can vary slightly, dependent upon the skill level of the riders. However, do keep in mind that our purpose is to take-in the scenery, so we’ll maintain a brisk walk for the majority of our rides. When appropriate, we certainly take the opportunity to move it up a notch, to the energetic paso corto (the speed equivalent of a trot that is a very smooth gait, specific to this breed of horse).
* Rides are offered daily, at morning and late afternoon times, to avoid the heat of day (with some flexibility, dependent upon location and type of ride; see below) by reservation only.
* Our group size is no larger than 5 people and you will be accompanied by a seasoned trail guide.
* Due to the “Spanish stature” of our steeds (they’re a bit smaller than other trail horses you may have ridden), we do have a strict weight limit of 220 pounds.
* Children: Our minimum age limit is 8 years old for the trail ride and 10 years old for the beach ride, as very young and inexperience children are not suited for long rides and control over their horse is imperative. Small children are not permitted to ride with an adult, as it is dangerous. Safety is our number one concern!
The Scenic Trail Ride
1.5 hour tour directly from the farm. Offered at 9AM or 4PM daily, by reservation. We’ll take you on wooded trails, over varied terrain, with nice views of the Cape and mountain-like scenery. There are opportunities to pick up the pace in the latter half of the ride. The cost is $100 per person (group tour) and $125 per person (private tour).
* We can trailer to other conservation areas nearby if you have the desire to ride with us on more than one occasion or you seek a longer ride. Prices and times dependent upon location.
The Beach Ride
2-hour tour located a short trailer ride from the farm. You meet us there and we’ll ride along the water and across tidal flats. There are opportunities to paso and take pictures. The days/times we go to the beach are dependent upon the tides (we go at low tide in morning/evening hours) and no weekends (Memorial Day – Labor Day), to avoid crowds.
Please be advised that riders under the age of 10 years old will not be able to participate. This is due to the fact that riders must have the ability to control their horses among beach-goers and safety is our number one concern.
During summer months our tours are subject to beach closures due to endangered shore bird nesting. Therefor, ride length may be affected but we will do our best to make sure you have a great time out on the beach with our horses!
The cost is $200 per person (group tour) and $300 per person (private tour, when available). PLEASE RESERVE WELL IN ADVANCE AS AVAILABILITY IS LIMITED!
The Family Farm Ride
This is a great option for families with young and/or inexperienced children, that are looking to get in the saddle for a short jaunt around the farm. We have a nice trail that winds through the woods and through our open pastures , with a water view. Offered at the conclusion of our morning ride, @ 11AM. The length of the ride is approximately 30 minutes and the cost is $40 per person. Please email or call for scheduling.
Since our trail ride is not appropriate for our youngest and least experienced equestrians, we do offer a 15-minute pony ride. Each child is seated on his/her own horse, and taken on a hand-led ride around our water view pasture. Interaction with our horses is encouraged and fun! Pony rides are offered at the conclusion of our morning trail ride, @ 11AM. The cost is $20 per child. Please email or call for scheduling.