Come Riding With Us!
In the Heart of Martha’s Vineyard…
Come out and explore the backwoods and open meadows of this beautiful island on our Paso Fino Horses.
You will enjoy the natural wonder of this beautiful island on horseback; the best way to see anywhere! Our naturally gaited Paso Fino horses will gently carry you along forested trails and open meadows, through the heart of Martha’s Vineyard.
UPDATE: As of October 1, 2018 we are closed for the season. Please check back in early 2019 for updates.
In the meantime, the horses are enjoying time off at home in Virginia (:
Trail Riding on Paso Fino Horses
Let’s hit the trails and show you what Martha’s Vineyard really has to offer! Our well-trained, Paso Fino horses have a pep in their step that you’ll find refreshing, yet reassuring; making them great fun for novice and experienced riders alike! On our trail rides we will take you on wooded paths, into open meadows, past working farmland and around a beautiful pond. The pace of the ride can vary slightly, dependent upon the skill level of the riders. Keep in mind that we are trying to take-in the scenery, on winding, partially rocky trails, so we’ll maintain a brisk walk for the majority of the ride. When appropriate, we certainly take the opportunity to move it up a notch, to the energetic paso corto -the speed equivalent of a trot, but so much smoother!.
* Trail rides are offered daily at 9am and 4pm, by reservation only.
* Our group size is no larger than 6 people and you will be accompanied by a seasoned trail guide.
* Group rides are 1.75 hours long and the cost is $100 per person.
* Private rides are 2 hours long and the cost is $130 per person.
* Due to the “Spanish stature” of our steeds, we do have a strict weight limit of 220 pounds.
* Children: Our minimum age limit is 8 years old (with some previous experience) as very young and inexperience children are not suited for our trail rides. Small children are not permitted to ride with an adult, as it is dangerous. Safety is our number one concern!
Since our trail ride is not appropriate for our youngest and least experienced equestrians, we do offer a 15-minute pony ride. Each child is seated on his/her own horse, and taken on a hand-led ride. Interaction with our horses is encouraged and fun! Pony rides are offered at the conclusion of our morning trail ride (approximately 11:15AM), by reservation only and the cost is $20 per child. Please email or call for availability.